Do we hear wedding bells in your future? MAE Plastic Surgery has helped hundreds of brides, and a few grooms too, prepare for their walk down the aisle. We know you’ll look radiant with or without plastic surgery, but our brides have told us that their pre-ceremony procedures helped them to feel more confident and beautiful on their big day.
How soon do you need to schedule your bridal treatments at MAE Plastic Surgery? Crafting wedding perfection requires extensive coordination. This wedding planning guide offers important timelines and schedules so you can fully recover from your procedures before that final dress fitting.
Sooner is Better than Later
Got a year until your wedding? Great, come in and let’s get started perfecting your bridal body. Got two years? Come on in. It is never too soon to start planning pre-wedding plastic surgery. If your nuptials are sooner, don’t worry. We can work with shorter timelines too. Say, “Yes!” to the man or woman of your dreams and then give us a call.
Recovery timelines vary, talk with us for a personalized preparation timeline. These guidelines will give you a basic idea of recovery times for common pre-wedding surgical procedures.
- Breast Augmentation- It takes about six weeks for a full recovery after breast augmentation and a few additional months for implants to soften and settle. Ideally, we recommend scheduling your breast augmentation at least 3 months before your wedding day. Breast surgery offers long-lasting results and can easily be performed much earlier in your wedding preparations.
- Rhinoplasty- If you want to walk down the aisle without that bump on your nose, plan ahead. Minor swelling can remain for up to a year after rhinoplasty. You’ll look great long before then if you don’t have the extra time, but if you can plan ahead, do it. Your nose will look best if you schedule your procedure at least 3 months in advance.
- Butt Augmentation- When you’re walking down the aisle, everyone’s eyes are on the bride, and for part of that walk, everyone is in full view of your backside. Perk up a flat bottom with a butt augmentation Full recovery takes about 6-8 weeks, but we recommend scheduling your procedure sooner if you can. After surgery, we ask patients to minimize sitting for the first couple of weeks, a difficult feat when you’re finishing up wedding plans.
- Tummy Tuck- Say, “I do,” to a flat tummy! Our tummy tuck is a favorite of brides-to-be, especially those that have had a child or two. Full recovery takes 6-8 weeks. Schedule this procedure early to ensure you’re fully healed with plenty of time for dress alterations. You’d be surprised how much your waistline shrinks after tummy tuck surgery.
- Liposuction- Liposuction is a perfect complement to your pre-wedding weight loss plans. Diet and exercise will help you drop pounds and liposuction will sculpt away any trouble spots that remain. For a dress that fits like a glove, schedule liposuction at least 2 months before your final dress fitting.
If we had one piece of plastic surgery advice for brides-to-be it would be, “Schedule your procedures early.” Too soon is rarely a problem but getting started too late can derail your plans for surgical enhancement.
Wedding Day Ready- Our Favorite Non-Surgical Picks for Wedding Day Prep
The days before your wedding will be filled with bachelorette parties, rehearsal dinners, and last-minute alterations to the perfect dress. Make sure you save space in your schedule for a visit to us. A facial treatment a few days before the wedding is essential for picture-perfect skin.
These treatments aren’t just for the bride. Our skin treatments can enhance any member of your wedding party including the groom, bridesmaids, or mother-of-the-bride.
What facial treatments do we recommend pre-wedding day? Come in for a consultation, and we’ll create your customized wedding skin prep plan. We’ll talk about chemical peels, facials, BOTOX® and one of our favorite pre-event treatments, the Transcend Facial which combines dermaplaning and a HydraFacial MD session to make your skin glow.
Get ready for your Chicago wedding with MAE Plastic Surgery. Before you walk down the aisle, call 847-205-1680 and speak with one of our patient care coordinators about pre-wedding plastic surgery.