When you’re a parent, you can’t leave anything to the unexpected, including your mommy makeover recovery. Our mommy makeover is one of our most popular combination procedures, specially designed to repair and restore the body after pregnancy and childbirth. Plan, prep, and get ready for your post-baby transformation with our guide to mommy makeover recovery.
Combination Treatments for a Shorter Recovery
Our mommy makeover uses a combination approach, pairing surgeries together to reduce downtime and enhance results. You’ll recover from multiple procedures at the same time. Top picks for a mommy makeover in Chicago include:
- Tummy Tuck– Ideal for loose skin and sagging in the abdominal area.
- Liposuction– Slim down stubborn post-baby fat.
- Breast Enhancement- Restore deflated breasts with breast augmentation or opt for a lift to enhance breast shape and positioning.
- Labiaplasty or FemiLift- Feel confident and comfortable in your most sensitive areas.
Your mommy makeover may include all these procedures, or just one or two. Your body’s response to pregnancy and your personal feelings about your post-baby body will impact the number of procedures you need to feel confident, comfortable, and sexy again.
Want breast surgery, but not labiaplasty? Or are you in need of a tummy tuck and liposuction, but still love your breasts? With our customized surgical plans, you can choose what your mommy makeover includes and what it doesn’t.
Will I Need Help with Childcare During My Mommy Makeover Recovery?
We perform mommy makeovers on women in every stage of their motherhood journeys. Some women have tiny babies that still need a lot of care, while others have children that are long grown and moved out. The amount of help you’ll need largely depends on the amount of help your children will need.
You won’t be able to lift anything over 10 pounds, including children, for 6-8 weeks after a mommy makeover. Many women also need help with basic household tasks like cooking and cleaning for the first couple of weeks.
How Much Downtime Are We Talking About?
You will need downtime after your mommy makeover. We recommend:
- 3-7 Days- The most difficult part of the recovery process where you’ll need significant help.
- 2 Weeks- No driving until you’re no longer using pain medication and feel ready to respond to road emergencies.
- 2-3 Weeks- The average amount of time off work after a mommy makeover surgery.
- 6-8 Weeks- Skip exercise and heavy lifting until you’re cleared to resume these activities.
Mommy Needs “Me” Time
When you’re a mom, it is easy to put everyone’s needs before your own. After cosmetic surgery, you and your recovery need to come first. Here are some of our favorite tips for prioritizing self-care during the mommy makeover recovery process.
- Take gentle, daily walks during recovery. After a few days, bring baby along if you like. Remember, you won’t be able to run or lift, so if you have a runner, bring a friend or keep your little one contained in a stroller.
- For many moms, a daily shower is a welcome and necessary break. When you’ve been cleared to resume showering, usually a couple of days after surgery, enlist some help for your first one. It may be helpful to have a chair in the shower, so you can sit down if necessary. If you prefer baths, you’ll need to wait. Showers only for the first couple of weeks after surgery.
- Rest is a recovery essential, but also a skill that is underdeveloped in many moms. Ask friends for some Netflix recommendations and enjoy a much-needed TV binge. This is also a prime time to finally read that novel you’ve been wanting to since before baby was born.
- We bet you’re looking forward to buying a new post-makeover wardrobe. This is one of the most exciting parts of the mommy makeover process but take it slowly. Don’t be surprised if your body changes shape a few times during recovery. If you’re received breast implants, it will take up to three months for them to fully drop and settle, and for you to achieve your final breast size. With liposuction or tummy tuck surgery, swelling can take several months or longer to fully resolve. You’ll see your new shape and contours well before then, but your appearance, and possibly your clothing size, will continue to refine and improve for up to a year after surgery.
Schedule your mommy makeover consultation at MAE Plastic Surgery by calling 847-205-1680.