Whether you’re 20 or 50, we want you to love your body. If you’ve always wanted breast augmentation, or if your breasts no longer look their best, come see us. Many women choose breast augmentation in their 50’s. If you’re healthy and want breast implants, it isn’t too late.
5 Things to Know About Breast Augmentation in Your 50s
Courtney Cox, Elizabeth Hurley, and Nicole Kidman are just a few of the many beautiful women in their 50’s in Hollywood. You don’t have to walk the red carpet to look sexy in your 50’s. With breast augmentation, you can feel confident in your appearance in the bedroom or in the boardroom. If you’re thinking about breast augmentation and are between the ages of 50-59, keep reading. We’ve put together some of our favorite tips for breast augmentation patients in their 50’s.
- Get a Lift– In your 50’s, you’ll probably need a lift, especially if you’ve had children. Plan on pairing a breast lift with your breast augmentation. We can perform these two procedures simultaneously, increasing breast volume, enhancing shape, and eliminating sagging with one trip to the operating room. A lift may cause additional scarring, depending on how much skin removal is needed. We’ll discuss your options and customize your treatment plan during your consultation.
- Age Is Just a Number– Many patients worry they are too old for breast augmentation in their 50’s. In reality, age is just a number. We’re more concerned about your health than your birthdate. Come prepared to discuss any medical conditions you may have and bring a list of any prescriptions and supplements you’re using.
- Skin Quality Concerns- Skin quality on the breasts may have dramatically declined since your 20’s. For some women, this means scarring is more likely. You may also have a difficult time supporting larger implant sizes due to decreased skin elasticity.
- Take Care of Your Breasts– Breast health is essential at any age, but even more so as you get older. Make sure you take care of your breasts before and after surgery with regular self-exams, annual visits to your doctor, and mammograms as needed. The look and feel of your breasts will change after surgery, but you’ll quickly learn how your new breasts should feel.
- Do It for You– Breast augmentation certainly isn’t the most popular procedure for women in their 50,s, but those that choose it, typically love their results. Reasons for choosing breast augmentation after 50 vary widely and include lifelong desire for breast augmentation, ability to finally afford the procedure, and a desire to restore aging breasts. Why are you considering breast augmentation? Whatever your reasons, do it for you, not anyone else.
You’re fabulous and 50, but what about your breasts? Get your best breasts with breast augmentation. Contact us and schedule your consultation at MAE Plastic Surgery.
Dr. Michael Epstein and Dr. Daniel Krochmal are plastic surgeons at MAE Plastic Surgery in Northbrook, IL, which is a suburb in the North Shore of Chicago. While both doctors perform aesthetic plastic surgery on all areas of the body, Dr. Epstein specializes in facelift procedures and rhinoplasty (nose shaping), while Dr. Krochmal specializes in body contouring including tummy tucks, liposuction, and butt shaping (both implants and the Brazilian Butt Lift fat transfer). Both doctors perform breast augmentation and breast reduction surgery. We are proud sponsors of Eric and Kathy’s Chips, Dip and a Mexico Trip on 101.9 The Mix, Chicago’s top morning radio show.