By 40, most women have experienced breast changes on some level, especially if they’ve had children. Pregnancy, gravity, and aging take their toll on the breasts, turning perky and full into saggy and deflated. Get your best breasts back with breast augmentation. The 40s are a prime time to consider this procedure. Call us today and schedule your consultation at MAE Plastic Surgery.
5 Things to Know About Breast Augmentation in Your 40s
Many women dread their 40th birthday, worrying that once they hit this milestone, they are officially over-the-hill. Forget about over-the-hill, 40 is still young. You’ve got decades of fabulous left, especially if you get a little plastic surgery to rejuvenate your look. If you’re thinking about cosmetic breast surgery and are between the ages of 40-49, read this guide. We’ve put together some of our best tips for a successful breast augmentation in your 40s.
- Plan on a Lift- Most women in their 40s will need some type of breast lift for good breast augmentation results. Sagging and loose skin are very common at this age. Depending on the extent of the sagging, a lift can lead to additional incisions are scarring. We’ll discuss your options in depth during your consultation. If a lift is needed, it is best to get the lift, as placing implants into saggy breasts typically leads to bigger, still saggy breasts.
- Breast Implants and Mammograms– Taking care of your breast health is important with breast implants. Stick with your recommended breast health screenings, including mammograms and breast self exams, with implants. Many women choose to have a mammogram before getting implants, checking the breasts before surgery for any abnormalities. Regular mammograms are safe with implants, but be sure to let your technician know as additional images may be needed.
- Get Your Pre-Baby Body Back– Many of our patients opt to pair their breast augmentation with a tummy tuck for a mommy makeover. Once you’ve finished having children, we can restore a more youthful, pre-baby appearance to your body. Get rid of loose abdominal skin, excess fat, and a saggy belly at the same time as your breast augmentation.
- Saline or Silicone?- Both saline and silicone are excellent options for breast implants in your 40s. Saline implants tend to be less expensive and are filled inside of the breast for a small incision. Silicone breast implants look and feel very natural. We’ll help you choose the best option for your situation and goals.
- Breast Augmentation Is Very Common in the 40s– Last year, more than 84,000 women in the U.S. had breast augmentation in their 40s. This is a very common procedure at this age. As long as you’re in relatively good health, you’re likely a good candidate.
Beautiful breasts are possible in your 40s. If you aren’t naturally blessed with the full, shapely breasts you desire, come see us and ask about breast augmentation.
Dr. Michael Epstein and Dr. Daniel Krochmal are plastic surgeons at MAE Plastic Surgery in Northbrook, IL, which is a suburb in the North Shore of Chicago. While both doctors perform aesthetic plastic surgery on all areas of the body, Dr. Epstein specializes in facelift procedures and rhinoplasty (nose shaping), while Dr. Krochmal specializes in body contouring including tummy tucks, liposuction, and butt shaping (both implants and the Brazilian Butt Lift fat transfer). Both doctors perform breast augmentation and breast reduction surgery. We are proud sponsors of Eric and Kathy’s Chips, Dip and a Mexico Trip on 101.9 The Mix, Chicago’s top morning radio show.