Is your appearance ready for a refresh? Aging happens to all of us, but that doesn’t mean the process is emotionally easy. Seeing changes to your appearance can be frustrating and disheartening. Facial plastic surgery helps many patients feel confident in their appearance again.
You’ve probably heard about facelift surgery, a procedure that refreshes the appearance of the lower face. This procedure is popular, but it is not the only option for facial rejuvenation. Brow lift surgery and an eyelid lift are two other choices.
If you’re ready to refresh your appearance with facial plastic surgery, keep reading to discover the procedure that is right for you.
What’s the Difference Between a Brow and an Eyelid Lift?
Brow lifts and eyelid lifts provide focused rejuvenation to the upper face. A brow lift smooths the skin on the forehead and lifts sagging eyebrows. An eyelid lift tightens and smooths the upper and lower eyelids.
- Brow lift: During a brow lift, a surgeon places incisions along the hairline (or sometimes at the crease of the upper eyelid). They relax or tighten muscles to smooth lines, wrinkles, and creases. This procedure also removes excess skin as needed. A brow lift typically takes one to two hours. This treatment can address aging that occurs at or above the level of the brows.
- Eyelid lift: An eyelid lift removes excess skin and fat from the eyelids. Dr. Epstein places incisions along the lash line or in the crease of the upper eyelid. He then uses these incisions to remove excess skin and to tighten up the tissues in the eye area. This procedure can bring your eyes out of hiding or treat stubborn bags under the eyes.
To determine which procedure is right for you, grab a mirror and examine your aging. If you want to refresh the forehead or brows, choose a brow lift. To refresh the eye area or eyelids, opt for an eyelid lift.
Brow Lift or Eyelid Lift? You Don’t Have to Choose
Many patients wonder if a brow lift or eyelid lift is the right treatment, but it isn’t an either/or decision. If you have significant aging in both the brow and eyelid areas, you may wish to combine these treatments.
Enhance Your Results (Whatever Procedure You Choose)
Whatever procedure you’re planning, enhance your facial surgery’s results with one of these popular treatments.
- BOTOX®: BOTOX® relaxes expression wrinkles. We love this treatment for smoothing lines on the brows and forehead and fading brows feet.
- Dermal fillers: Restore volume and fullness to the cheeks, brows, and other facial areas with dermal fillers.
- Laser resurfacing: Improve your skin with laser resurfacing. This treatment can target and treat sun-damaged skin while enhancing your skin’s texture and resiliency.
Learn More About Brow Lift and Eyelid Lift in Chicago
When you’re ready to learn more about brow and eyelid surgery, we’re here to help. Contact MAE Plastic Surgery with any questions about these procedures or to schedule a consultation.