It’s laser season at MAE Plastic Surgery. When it is cold and snowy, summer seems like a lifetime away, but it will return soon. While you wait for your chance to wear bikinis and shorts again, come into MAE Plastic Surgery and explore your options for laser skin enhancement. Winter is our favorite season for laser.
How Laser Treatments Enhance the Skin
Lasers aren’t just for sci-fi movies. Cosmetic laser treatments can dramatically transform the skin and are among our favorite options for non-surgical rejuvenation. Lasers work by heating the skin and underlying tissues. This heat starts a regenerative process by stimulating the growth of fibroblasts, a precursor for collagen. More collagen means tighter, firmer skin.
We also use lasers for hair removal. These lasers target the pigment in the hair follicles, heating and destroying the hair so it can no longer grow.
Cosmetic lasers aren’t an alternative to good skincare or healthy habits. They are simply another tool in your toolbox for helping your skin to age gracefully and look its best for decades to come.
Why Laser Loves Winter: 5 Reasons to Get Treatment this Season
If you’re considering a laser treatment, winter is one of our favorite times. Here’s why:
- Easier to Stay Out of the Sun– Sun sensitivity is common after cosmetic laser treatments and we ask our patients to limit sun exposure and use protection during and after treatment. For laser hair removal, no tanning is allowed for several weeks before treatment. The pigment that creates golden skin is the same pigment the laser targets in your hair follicles. Tan skin during hair removal may lead to burns. Many of our patients find it is easier to limit sun exposure during the winter.
- Your Best Summer Skin- Fresh, dewy skin is a hot commodity during the summer. Laser treatment this winter will help your skin to look its best when warmer weather rolls around.
- Laser Takes Time– If you want silky smooth legs this summer, you’ll need to start to laser hair removal now. Most patients need at least six treatments to achieve a hairless result, and some patients will need more. Hair removal sessions are spaced several weeks apart, so you’ll want to start now for results by spring. Laser resurfacing can benefit from time for recovery, too. Even if you only need one treatment, it takes time for the skin to heal and regenerate. Start treatment this winter for your best skin come spring.
- Banish Winter Skin- Cold air and indoor heating take their toll on the skin. Dull and dry skin is common during this season. Laser treatments can brighten and revitalize the skin.
- Fight Winter Blues- If you’re feeling a little down this winter, you may be able to brighten your mood by doing a little something for yourself. Laser hair treatments are one of our favorite forms of self-care.
Schedule Your Winter Laser Treatments Today
It’s time to schedule your winter laser treatments at MAE Plastic Surgery. Contact our Chicago med spa to book your treatments today. (847) 205-1680