Is your wrinkly and saggy neck giving away the secret of your age? Many of us faithfully apply sunscreen and skin care products to the face, forgetting the neck just a few inches below. This spring, give your neck some much deserved TLC with a neck lift. Complement your beautiful face with a tighter, sculpted neck.
What Is a Neck Lift?
A neck lift, also known as a lower rhytidectomy, treats visible aging in the jawline and neck. During the procedure, excess skin and fat are removed from the neck, chin, and lower jaw. Small incisions are placed behind the ears and in other inconspicuous locations. This procedure is usually performed using IV sedation or general anesthesia. It can be done on its own or paired with a complementary procedure like a facelift, brow lift, or blepharoplasty.
Is a neck lift right for you? Come see us to learn more if you have:
- Jowling in the lower face
- Fatty deposits under the chin, also known as a double chin
- Excess skin under the chin and on the neck, also known as a “turkey neck”
- Muscle banding in the neck
- Loose skin on the neck
- A neck that looks older than the face
A surgical neck lift can address these common issues and many others. Come in for a consultation to determine if a neck lift is right for you.
What’s Recovery Like After a Neck Lift?
A neck lift is a surgical procedure and will provide results that can be enjoyed for a lifetime. Of course, aging will continue, but your procedure will act as a reset, restoring your neck to an earlier, more youthful appearance. Before you can enjoy your results, you’ll need to recover. Here’s what to expect.
- Recovery Symptoms– Minor bruising, discomfort, and swelling are normal. You can use oral medications to control any pain and increase your comfort while you heal.
- Follow-Up Visits– We will meet with you after surgery to assess healing. Most patients return for a follow-up visit about 1 week after surgery.
- Return to Work and Other Activities– Most patients are ready to return to light activity about 3-5 days after treatment. You can resume normal activities in 2-4 weeks. We’ll help you create a timeline for returning to work based on your activity levels and required duties.
Take Your Neck Lift to the Next Level- Complementary Procedures
A neck lift on its own can produce stunning results, but pair it with a complementary procedure and you’ll see even bigger changes to the way you look and feel. Many of our patients like to pair procedures together. This means less time in the operating room and in recovery, plus rejuvenation in multiple areas. There are many procedures to complement neck lift surgery including:
- Facelift– Tighten up loose skin in the lower face with a facelift. This procedure helps patients to look 7-10 years younger in the lower face. There is no set age for a facelift, but ideally, patients have moderate to severe facial aging including wrinkles, jowls, and lower face sagging.
- Brow Lift- Lift sagging brows and rejuvenate the upper face with a brow lift. This procedure is often paired with a facelift or neck lift.
- Eyelid Surgery– For sagging upper or lower eyelids, we may recommend blepharoplasty, also known as eyelid surgery. This procedure removes excess skin from the eyelids and can improve vision in some patients by removing excess skin from the field of vision. The eyes are one of the most noticeable features on the face; bring yours out of hiding!
We can recommend complementary procedures during your consultation if you’re interested. Ask us for suggestions to address your areas of concern.
Not Quite Ready for a Neck Lift? Non-Surgical Options to Rejuvenate the Face and Neck
If you’re not yet ready for a neck lift, come see us to explore non-surgical rejuvenation options. Many of our facial treatments can also be performed on the neck. We are happy to provide personalized treatment recommendations. Call us to schedule a consultation.
- Chemical Peels- Brighten and tighten your skin with a chemical peel. This treatment uses an acidic solution to remove dead skin cells and encourage cell regeneration and healing. This treatment is an excellent option for improving skin quality on the neck and face.
- Micro-Needling– Tighten up aging skin with micro-needling. This treatment systematically damages the skin using thin needles. This boosts collagen production, helping the skin to look younger and tighter. Many of our patients use micro-needling to delay the need for a more invasive, surgical neck lift.
- Kybella®– Ditch that double chin without surgery. Kybella® is an injectable treatment that destroys unwanted fat cells under the chin. A series of treatments will be needed for optimal results.
- Injectables– Injectable fillers can restore youthful volume to the neck. BOTOX® may be able to improve the appearance of muscle banding. Injectable treatments require no downtime and provide long-lasting results.
If you’ve been neglecting your neck, come see us this spring and tighten things up. Call today to book your revitalizing neck treatments at MAE Plastic Surgery.