Nearly a third of all breast augmentations are performed on women in their 20s, this is a prime age for considering breast surgery. If you’re in your 20s and are thinking about breast implants, come see us and learn more. This guide provides helpful tips and targeted advice for breast augmentation patients between the ages of 20-29, but can be helpful to patients of any age.
5 Things to Know About Breast Augmentation in Your 20s
Last year 82,042 women in their 20s underwent breast augmentation surgery in the United States, which is 28% of the total number of procedures performed that year. Here’s what you need to know:
- Excellent Health and Recovery– Women in their 20s tend to be healthy, a big perk for plastic surgery. During this age bracket, medical reasons that disqualify surgery are uncommon and mammograms are usually not required. Younger patients tend to recover quickly and get back to work sooner.
- Enjoy Your Implants for a Lifetime– Many women that choose breast augmentation have been unhappy with their breast size and shape since their breasts first developed. You may have asymmetry or a naturally smaller breast size. With breast augmentation in your 20s, you can enjoy your results for a lifetime. Don’t wait decades to love your look.
- Implant Choices May Be Limited– In your early 20s, you may be limited in your implant choices. Saline implants are FDA approved for cosmetic use in patients age 18+. Silicone implants, including cohesive silicone implants (gummy bear implants) are only recommended for women age 22+. We can achieve stunning, natural-looking results with both saline and silicone implants.
- You’ll Likely Need Future Breast Surgeries– We tell women considering breast augmentation to plan on future surgeries. Implants are durable, but they don’t last forever. Most women that get implants in their 20s will need implant replacement or removal at some point in the future. Pregnancy can cause breast sagging, in women with and without implants, and a breast lift may be needed to restore a perky, youthful breast shape.
- You Don’t Need to Wait Until After Pregnancy– Enjoy your ideal breasts sooner. Many women think that they need to wait until after pregnancy for breast augmentation, but this is a myth. You can get breast augmentation now and enjoy your implants throughout your pregnancies. Many women are even able to successfully breastfeed with implants. If you experience sagging, we can correct the problem with a breast lift after you’re finished having children.
For your best breast augmentation results in your 20s, or at any other age, choose your surgeon carefully. This is the biggest factor determining your breast augmentation success. If you’re in the Chicago area, come into MAE Plastic Surgery. Our experienced plastic surgeons, Dr. Epstein and Dr. Krochmal, are dedicated to ensuring you achieve the results you want. Call today and schedule your consultation.
Dr. Michael Epstein and Dr. Daniel Krochmal are plastic surgeons at MAE Plastic Surgery in Northbrook, IL, which is a suburb in the North Shore of Chicago. While both doctors perform aesthetic plastic surgery on all areas of the body, Dr. Epstein specializes in facelift procedures and rhinoplasty (nose shaping), while Dr. Krochmal specializes in body contouring including tummy tucks, liposuction, and butt shaping (both implants and the Brazilian Butt Lift fat transfer). Both doctors perform breast augmentation and breast reduction surgery. We are proud sponsors of Eric and Kathy’s Chips, Dip and a Mexico Trip on 101.9 The Mix, Chicago’s top morning radio show.