Put a cherry on top of your facelift results by pairing your lift with another procedure. The facelift reduces the signs of aging in the lower face. By adding in another procedure, you can target other facial areas at the same time. Enhance your appearance from brow to chin with one of these facelift complements.
Surgical Procedures to Enhance Your Facelift Results
When a facelift is paired with other facial surgeries, we can often complete both surgeries with a single trip to the operating room. Dr. Epstein will operate on both areas concurrently, creating a surgical plan that incorporates multiple areas of facial rejuvenation.
A surgical combo often means that recovery times are reduced. While you’re recovering from your facelift, you’ll also be recovering from your other procedures. Concurrent recovery results in less downtime than if the two surgeries were performed separately.
What procedures enhance facelift results? It depends on your aging pattern. We can recommend procedures that will complement your result during your consultation.
- Brow Lift- A facelift focuses on the lower face, leaving the brow area untouched. Adding a brow lift to your facelift will provide a more complete facial rejuvenation. A surgical brow lift smooths wrinkles in the forehead and addresses drooping and sagging in the brows.
- Eyelid Lift- Eyelid surgery, specifically a procedure called blepharoplasty, enhances the upper or lower eyelids. Drooping and sagging eyelids often partially cover the eyes, inhibiting vision and hiding this important facial feature. An eyelid lift is one of the most effective options for treating bags under the eyes.
- Facial Fat Grafting- When you’re young, the cheeks are full and voluminous. Aging causes this volume to shift. Flat, depleted cheeks are a sign of facial aging. A facelift will remove excess skin and tighten the underlying musculature. Fat grafting brings youthful fat back into the cheeks.
Explore your options for surgical facial rejuvenation in Chicago at a consultation. Call us to schedule a visit to our practice at a time that is convenient to you.
Non-Surgical Procedures That Complement the Facelift
At MAE Plastic Surgery, we believe in options. If you’re not interested in additional surgery, we can still provide upper face rejuvenation with these injectable treatments.
We’ll typically perform the surgery first, and once you’re recovered, schedule an appointment for an injectable cosmetic treatment. Injectables require no downtime and have a minimal recovery period. Results last for several months, depending on the treatments used, and can be maintained with follow-up injections.
- BOTOX®/Dysport- BOTOX® and Dysport are botulinum toxin treatments, the most popular cosmetic treatment in the U.S. They relax muscles that cause some facial wrinkles. BOTOX® and Dysport are especially effective for smoothing lines around the eyes (crow’s feet), between the brows, and on the forehead.
- Dermal Fillers- Like fat grafting, a filler treatment restores youthful facial volume. The main difference is that a filler treatment uses a filler, while fat grafting uses a patient’s own fat. Both create smooth, beautiful results, but fat grafting is more permanent. Dermal fillers are also used to fill in wrinkles and creases on the face or to volumize the lips in a type of non-surgical lip augmentation.
Extend Your Facelift Results
Have you already received a facelift, and want to extend or enhance your results? Skin quality is a good place to start. A facelift tightens and smooths the skin you have, while these treatments work deep within the skin to improve it.
These treatments can smooth fine lines, thicken the skin, and fade pigmentation irregularities. They are an excellent complement
- Chemical Peel- Chemical peels use an acidic solution on the skin to remove damaged skin cells and initiate your body’s healing response. We have light chemical peels that offer mild revitalization without the downtime and deeper peels that produce a more dramatic result with a recovery period. Chemical peels fade fine lines, brighten dull skin, improve skin tone, and more.
- Laser- Our laser treatments can transform the skin. They are highly effective and can address significant skin damage, wrinkling, and discoloration.
Dr. Epstein is known through Chicago for his facelift results. He has performed countless successful facelifts throughout more than 20 years working in plastic surgery.