Do you wish your dermal filler results could last forever? Dermal fillers are a temporary treatment, but there are ways to maintain and extend your results so you can always look your best.
How to Extend the Results of Your Filler Treatment
Dermal fillers soften lines and creases and restore facial volume. A typical filler treatment lasts for about six months, though some can last longer, depending on their formulation and where you have them injected.
While fillers are a short-term solution, there are ways to extend your results.
- Come in for maintenance: Filler treatments can last a long time, but they need occasional touch-ups to keep working at their best. How frequently you’ll need to come in for follow-up injections depends on the fillers we use and the areas we’re treating. Most patients come in two to four times each year for refreshers. By getting touch-up treatments as needed, your filler results will last longer, and your appearance will consistently look younger and more rejuvenated.
- Take care of your skin: What you do at home has a significant impact on how your skin looks and how long your fillers last. Supplement your at-home treatment regimen with in-office treatments at our med spa a few times each year. Use high-quality skincare products for maximum anti-aging results. Ask us for advice and product recommendations for daily skincare.
- Stay out of the sun: Those wrinkles on your skin aren’t only due to aging. Sun damage can quickly lead to wrinkles and age spots. One of the best things you can do to keep your skin youthful and prolong your fillers is to protect your skin from the sun. Use sunscreen daily.
- Minimize stress: Stress ages the body and can lead to your fillers breaking down prematurely. Find ways to reduce tension in your life. Take a yoga class, practice meditating, or get out and exercise.
- Pair with BOTOX®: Combining fillers and BOTOX®® can produce a full-face rejuvenation. BOTOX® relaxes the muscles that cause wrinkling around the eyes and eyebrow area, while fillers restore the volume you have lost in the lower two-thirds of your face.
A little extra care can significantly extend the longevity of your results.
Your Options for Dermal Fillers at MAE Plastic Surgery
MAE Plastic Surgery provides our patients with the best options for bright and beautiful skin. Dr. Epstein has carefully selected a variety of filler treatments for use at our practice.
- Belotero: This hyaluronic acid filler is one of our favorites for deep lines and creases, including those around the nose and mouth. Belotero lasts up to six months.
- Juvéderm®: Juvéderm® is a versatile filler that’s ideal for treating most facial lines and creases. We also use it for non-surgical lip augmentation. Results from Juvéderm® last up to a year.
- Voluma: Voluma is one of the longest-lasting hyaluronic acid fillers available. It restores volume to the cheeks and mid-face. In clinical trials, Voluma has proven to last up to two years with a single treatment.
- Radiesse®: Radiesse® is a unique filler that supports your body’s natural collagen production. Results last a year or longer.
- Sculptra®: Sculptra® is one of our longer-lasting fillers. It is ideal for deep creases and restoring facial fullness. Results typically last a year, but can last up to two years with a follow-up treatment.
Come visit MAE Plastic Surgery for long-lasting dermal filler treatments in Chicago, IL.