What is a Brachioplasty?
Brachioplasty (commonly referred to as an arm lift) is a procedure used to remove excess skin and fat from the upper arm area, creating a firmer and dramatic improvement in the appearance of the upper arm contour. As a result of a brachioplasty, you will be left with a scar from the armpit to the elbow, which will improve in appearance over time, but will not completely diminish. An arm lift surgery in Chicago can be combined with other body contouring procedures for optimal results. Dr. Epstein performs arm lift surgery for many patients throughout Chicago and surrounding cities of Evanston and Buffalo Grove, IL. Patients from all over trust Dr. Epstein to perform their arm lift surgery because of his experience and personal approach. Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of arm lift procedures to see real patient results at MAE Plastic Surgery.
Before & After Gallery
Be sure to view our Before and After Photo Gallery of arm lift procedures to see real patient results at MAE Plastic Surgery.Click Here
How is an Arm Lift in Chicago performed?
Brachioplasty in Chicago is an outpatient surgical procedure performed at our facility, in Northbrook. An incision is usually made from the armpit to the elbow, along the inside of the arm. Other smaller incisions can be used, depending on the severity of the redundant skin. Through the incision, skin and fat are removed, and the skin is stretched together and stitched. This procedure takes approximately two hours, but may vary depending on the complexity of the arm lift.
What to expect during the Arm Lift recovery period:
- Discomfort, bruising and swelling are normal and can be controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures may be removable or absorbable.
- You’ll need to return to our office 1 week after Chicago arm lift surgery for a follow-up.
- There may be some numbness in the areas treated.
- You may return to light activities and work 5-7 days after surgery, with very limited lifting.
- You may resume full activities 4-6 weeks post-surgery.
- A compression garment must be worn for up to 3 weeks after surgery.
- After a brachioplasty, it can take up to 8-12 months to see how well the scars have healed.
Scheduling your Chicago Arm Lift consultation
If you have been or are currently considering an arm lift surgery, we recommend scheduling a one on one consultation with Dr. Epstein at our Northbrook, IL office. Dr. Epstein will evaluate your specific case to see if arm lift surgery is right for you. Dr. Epstein sees patients for Brachioplasty in Chicago and his office is conveniently located only 4 miles South of Highland Park and 8 Miles East of Wheeling, IL. Call today to schedule your arm lift consultation with board certified plastic surgeon Dr. Epstein and see why he is a top doc in the Chicago area!